When the weather is warm and you’re in need of a cooling savory snack or light lunch, try these Easy Cucumber Pitas! The goat cheese yogurt spread is creamy and herby, and ties the hearty bread and refreshing cucumber slices together!
This recipe is for one serving, but could easily be multiplied if you were making several at once. You could also whip up a larger batch of the goat cheese yogurt spread, store it in the fridge, and use it as a condiment as needed!
GOAT CHEESE YOGURT SPREAD
- 1 oz Goat Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1.25 Tsp Fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt And Black Pepper, to taste
- A 3 oz Whole Wheat Pita, warmed and halved
- Thinly Sliced Peeled Cucumber, to taste
LINKS TO INGREDIENT RECOMMENDATIONS:
Chop the dill and green onion and set aside
In a small bowl, mash together the goat cheese and greek yogurt with a spoon until creamy
Stir in the dill, green onion, and lemon juice
Mix in the sea salt and black pepper to taste
Spread the filling inside both sides of the pita
Place in a few cucumber slices to taste
Ingredient recommendations linked!