If you have nut allergies like me, you’ll know how difficult it can be to find a pesto that is nut-free. This homemade Nut-Free Pesto is so delicious that nobody will miss the pine nuts!
I personally recommend serving this pesto over your pasta of choice, with the addition of your favorite traditional, chicken, or vegetarian sausages. (We personally love this mushroom chicken sausage!) You can also add in some sautéed or roasted vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, or zucchini.
Vegan? No problem! Simply substitute the parmesan with a vegan alternative!
Other uses for pesto?
- Add it to homemade pizzas
- Drizzle it over eggs and toast
- Spread a layer of it onto lunchtime sandwiches
- Combine it with salad dressing
- Toss roasted veggies in it
- Drizzle it over baked potatoes
- Make homemade bruschetta with pesto and mozzarella
- Add it to lasagna
- Make pesto salmon
- 3 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves (packed)
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper To Taste
Wash and prep the basil leaves
Peel the garlic
Blend the basil leaves and garlic cloves in a food processor, then add in the oil to make it easier to blend until all of the oil has been added
Once smooth, pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the cheese
Add sea salt and black pepper to taste
[Leftover pesto can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just give it a stir to remix the oil!]